So I made these for one of his memorials my brother is fielding.
The reason for making all three is so that if you pick a different colour you’ll have the chance to have the design. Basically so you can put it on both dark or light material and see the image. I personally like the triple version of the piece as it sort of reminds me of him more for some reason. Perhaps it’s the multiplication of things sort of deal; seeing more of someone makes you think of them deeper.
I couldn’t afford to send one to my little brother, who was good friends with this man– but I was able to send him the files to create the shirts for him and his friends, or at least get them print outs somewhere as seat fillers so everyone can remember him fondly.
First we know that photons are elementary particles that function both as a wave or a particle at a certain time though not both at once.
We know that we want to use either or for the production of bits of information. Particles for individual computations and waves for larger computations if enough bits of information can be read correctly at the same time waves may be superior at the cost of space used to propagate an answer. A single wave offering massive functionality within a larger area though they can be condensed if you refract the waves up one the nuclei of the atoms within each other without cross sectioning each other—though that may also be useful as an additional functionary device within the function schema. Perhaps if they cross they mean they multiple or if they don’t they remain untouched. If they interfere with an electron they divide. Something like that as a simple example. Individual particles get us exact answers over and over if read repeatedly. Very quickly and take little energy to wave reading unless you collapse a wave function into a rotational amount feasibly readable as though they were particles. You don’t need waves to read waves if you’re looking to collect specific bits of data Just sets of particles to oscillate and deform the readable wave function. You do need if you want a single read of an entire function in a go in one mass deformation. So you build a function map using all types of functions you might possibly want around in such a way that the photons moving both backwards and forwards/sideways in time have a chance to interact with the system. What you may be reading isn’t in fact the current set of photons but photons from the past passing through the system in reverse but since the male is segmented so that it repeats itself at various angles/degrees it may not matter. But you would know this by first placing it in the center of a room and bombarding it with photons and seeing which side lit up first. My understanding is that there are four positions from Feynman’s research a photon travels based on their delivery.
So eventually we get good enough at bouncing these waves and particles of photons throughout the system of lattices to get multiple answers at once Multiplied by the number of deformation levels we want (each wave particle is computer generated to deform through the run systematically causing little to no error outside of the lasers need to be on the best gimbal possible). The thing about setting up a function map physically is that you can pick and choose which bits you want read from the read direction. But anyway we get good enough we get down to the gluon method using QCD which has eight methods of propagation. And that’s when we start bouncing gluons off of quarks in much the same method reducing the size exponentially further but in much the same manner. Then the real fun begins.
So I’m not sure what to write about this piece other than it’s an attempt at drawing buildings. I didn’t even use 1st perspective properly, which I will do in the future. Then I can work on two and third perspective for fun.
I’m just realizing how much freaking work I’ve got to do this to do it even at all—if at all well. I should do some writing today, try to get issue three catted out. But I can tell that I’m not focused—or perhaps I’m tired. That two minute video is hours of work condensed into an iPad video. Used Procreate for it since my Art Studio Pro isn’t responding well to my first generation iPad Pro any longer. I’m thinking of switching over to the Wacom mobilestudio full time now that I’ve gotten that airbrush brush handy. Plus it lets me stream and do everything I want. I just can’t find a seat that lets me sit without hurting the twisted part of my spine (fell down the stairs carrying books moving mums house for her; long story). The extra 150 lbs from anti psychotics and agoraphobia aren’t helping either. I should just do house exercises like I’m in prison. That way at least I’d get some sweat on. I do miss hiking in the sunshine though. Back when I was lighter, getting back down to 220 lbs, I was rocking 5ks three times a week and 4 mile hikes other days of the weeks. God damn it hurt. But that feeling of knowing that I got that far. Maybe I just need to buy a used elliptical once I move home. That might solve my issues. Who knows.
On to the Comic I Suppose. Let’s see if we can Cat out Issue #3.
So now that I’ve split up the three protagonists I’ve either got to kill them off or reunite them in proper ways. The first good lead is that He’h is powering back up unnoticed by the bandits that accosted him. So he may be the first natural lead to get out of his predicament. I just don’t want him to be a catch all for all problems like a nanoscale formed bot would become in real life. He needs to have artificial limitations put in place so that he can have weaknesses that are closer to human like. I wonder what would power a true nanoscale humanoid android. Some sort of self made chemical reaction is my guess. Like small scale self contained frisson or solar/space radiation power since that’s abounds across the universe. One Sec I’ve got to check on the name of the issue.
Alright so the name of the issue is Colonization, meaning that it’ll be about the beginnings of the colony. Meaning I want them to end up in a vertical farm being found by an unknown entity who take care of the farms. Perhaps an inquisitive bot who asks if they were grown within the farm (good natured naivety being a control mechanic of a lower caste robot). Also do I want them to meet up in this issue or the next. He’h can’t hurt people but he can make them hurt themselves through their own actions. Perhaps not. Anyway let’s list out our Cattery shall we?
1. Opening image: Tied up to Tree. Tied up in the back of the car. Tied up in the back of another car.
2. Theme Stated: (let’s define colonization) Regrouping most likely as the bandits and fine folk alike attempt to assert their dominance over their specific areas.
3: Set-up: He’h Wakes. We see it from his point of view. Pixelated and perhaps in U.V.. Upon his waking he makes quick work of disabling the car he’s in. The bandits argue and fight until they get heated enough to pull metal on one another and they end up shooting each other in a standoff. “Draw iron or I’ll make it easy for you,” says one bandit. The second pulls it and turns in time to fire. We see the bullet go through the head of the one standing. The one kneeling at the wheel slumps against it heart shot and bleeds out. He’h is of an advanced self regulating program, knowing that a person can be defined as good or evil by their actions, and makes no attempt to save either of them.
4. Catalyst: He’h strips the car of all the parts that would be useful of him in a cloud of himself. Nothing is left. He does the same to the bodies. We watch them disintegrate from flesh to bone to brain to nothing.
5. Debate: He’h turns one way. Then another. He beings walking in a direction with destination unbeknownst to the reader. His silver body shining in the sun.
6. Break into Two: (Perhaps two have regained connection and the last is on his way to their meeting location. Most likely Homnie.) He’h finds the hideout where the protagonist is held. She’s found tied up on a very well used mattress but is unharmed, as the boss was “saving her for himself that night” as he put it.
7. B Story: Homnie’s story being accosted through Bandit/rat tunnel thugs. Finding that the cane that He’h made him becomes a weapon when swung against an enemy. “Most useful.”
7.(B) B Story: True B Story: We see and update at Mayor Stevens point of view. He asks his unblinking eye why she hasn’t been found yet. It blinks once slowly. “What do you mean you don’t know?” The eye “Shakes it’s head” Stevens waves it away. Find her. It disappears quickly.
8. Fun and Games: Homnie being Captured and tortured by the bandits before escaping. (Fun and games can be negative).
9. Midpoint: We see Homnie bloodied walking through the desert once again, and a split shot of the other two racing towards him as He’h tells the protagonist that the cane is a part of himself and can find it, at least until his current body is destroyed in some way.
10. Bad Guys Close in: Bandits that saw the protagonist escape with He’h follow them and find them. They have rocket launchers/laser rifles (whichever is more effective at the nanoscale. Likely lasers). They aim at He’h’s head and upper torso and fire. It’s obliterated right next to the protagonist, throwing her into the sand, as bits of molten glass rain down upon her. He’h slumps to the ground.
11. All is Lost: The Boss bandit says he isn’t finished with her yet and was truly offended by her impoliteness. Drawn: he is a hulking fat, disgusting male. Missing finger tips from rot, and teeth from lack of hygiene.
12. Dark Night of the Soul: She’s picked up and thrown over his shoulder while she yells at him to stop. He smacks her hard across the back of the head with the butt of his gun and she slumps down. They crest a hill and are gone.
13. Break into Three: Additional Character. Homnie finds a pilot and gets him to fly out into the desert looking for the others. As they get airborne he notices that the cane warms and vibrates when heading in a certain direction. “Head that way” he says. Got to have the pilot say we’re 5 by 5 before taking off.
14. Finale: They eventually find the shinning mass that is He’h rebuilding himself from the sand and rocks around him in a little crater. The cane vibrates strongly. They land and collect him, allowing him time to rebuild completely before touching down and losing any part of the ship.
15. Final Image: Two panels: Boss Bandit standing in the doorway of the room smiling looking down. Teeth and eyes main focal point. Second panel is the ship flying over the desert with He’h hanging out the side of the open hanger (Still strapped in) pointing at the nearest Bandit building (a discarded series of containers combined with ‘refuse’).
For next episode catching the boss: He’h asks protagonist if she wants it to hurt (Boss’s death) and she nods, furious tears in her eyes. He’h closes the door and Boss starts to scream. Until he doesn’t. Homnie asks how He’h did it out of earshot of the protagonist. He’h answers: One atom at a time, from the bottum up. “Why so harsh?” asks Homnie. He’h responds “He hurt her. The one I’m meant to protect. Retribution was in order. Not to mention the millions of deaths he and his friends caused within my systems. Each life snuffed out in an instant all screaming in articulated pain. A moment for some. An eternity for them.” Homnie is quiet for a moment, and pats the bot on the shoulder, and then goes to the protagonists side.
So I followed along with some more of his tutorials. My blue line work seems better than my finished line work at the moment and that’s okay. I actually got the idea of construction lines from RapidArtVids who is another great teacher. I tried a skin painting tutorial as well as a few poses and a wet tshirt position. Can’t say the guy draws pervy stuff but he’s an excellent teacher and I joined his Patreon so that I can learn as much as possible from him before moving onto the next artist.
I also tried drawing Wonder Woman from a reference and they turned out pretty well. It’s easier than anime hair since you just make them a single shape and then add in the detail after instead of drawing in shapes that can often look flat or unflattering along the way without realizing it.
I did set up my wacom to include an undo and a flip canvas button now so I can get to those easier. I think I need to add an alt button and I should be good for most things I’m doing.
I bought an Asus ZenAC usbc monitor this last week or so and its decided to only work from the lower two ports of the Mobilestudio Pro without a usb adapter which is a pain in the ass and hopefully not a sign of destruction I can’t get fixed in some way. Compared to the Lepow which cost half of that and included speakers it was a complete waste of money. But having two 15.6 inch monitors that power just by the device they’re plugged into is absolutely handy. Now if I just went anywhere that meant using them in public I could show them off, but that’s neither here nor there.
As it is I spent the weekend working on biomedical patent drawings, first in Solidworks which after an entire day I gave up on because it just looked like garbage and it finally sunk in that I’m paying someone else to create drawings of the proper thing. All I have to do is get the scraps together, which I’ll do today after a morning drawing session (that started at 2 a.m. for some reason). Hopefully I’ll have enough to get it done before a manic phase eats into my limited funds. Not that it’s an excuse or anything, but it’s definitely a sign that I’m unwell and have little control at the time.
To the 19 people following me: Thank you so much. It means the world to me to have someone to if not chat with, at least know you’re there to have a read when you’re bored. If you’re in a chatty mood let a fella know.
Today I send out the package with my brother’s birthday gift in it, and I’m hoping he likes it. The stipend I get through my merch sales isn’t much but it was enough for the shirt, and I can just afford posting after getting petrol this morning so it shouldn’t be too bad.
If you have ideas for things to draw or want to see something made let me know and I’ll consider it. It may help get the juices flowing.
So I made this black and white one from a photo reference last night.
And then I spent this morning trying to come up with a compelling character and I think I’m closer but not just there yet. I keep watching youtube videos and they’re making everything look so easy it’s almost infuriating.
So then I make this:
Mediocre at best. But much better than what I had a few days ago. So now all I need to do is keep practicing until I get to the point where my character design is legitimately where it needs to be and then I can move onto the next stage and start getting the story sorted properly. It’s going to be a slog but totally worth it if I can do it right.
So here’s a little bit of work done trying to get the look that I want. She’s closer to the character in my head, but now I’m going to sit down and draw until I can get as close as possible. This is all very fun stuff but it’s challenging as I have no way to making speeding up the process.