I’m optimizing these sub nanometer semiconductors. I need to learn about quantum tunneling with real world data to see how it spreads through the materials. I understand how the wave function moves partially or wholly through the material if enough energy is put into it, and I’m hoping that by developing this novel production concept and new lithography set up that’s more stable and should eliminate the dreaded angled entry waste points. I also understand the wavelength that I want to use and it’s limitations and needs for what to expect to lose per build platter. It depends on the platter size of course but if I’m building 500 units across, which would be small, I could essentially lose roughly an electrons width across the platter. I call it a platter, though it wont in the technical sense.
It’s time that the tech had an upgrade. The problem is that I need to produce such a high number and get funding as well as get some traction behind me to allow for high voltage energy points. I’ve then got to work on batteries though honestly a hand crank squeezed once to produce an amplified fort nights worth of energy by chugging an alternator or two or even a stifling engine that runs off of body heat that I’ve got sitting here in my head. I know the materials I would use for it, but I doubt it would catch on, but here’s my thought process on what I’m looking to do:
I’ve designed a Finfet-style multigate transistor except it can run from any direction and do all of the functions possible from any of the other sides. It can also be redundancy proofed through a dual connection and it would still truly run any functions, even simultaneously if timed correctly.
Once I can get a server or more powerful hardware (fingers crossed to Wacom for their generosity) to build a full mole of the material or even a useful amount like what’s used in an Apple A12x chip 6.5 billion transistors. On top of that I’ve designed a capacitor that uses the semiconductors materials.
My advisor says I should patent it and then release it but I see these videos of what’s to come and the country’s where heat waves are wiping out thousands of lives, of the roughly 170,000 people dying per day and it gets to me. I know that my first patent, once in production if possible, and accepted by the community will be able to save millions of lives due to being able to go anywhere in the body. Solving the energy crisis with these designs may save future millions to billions (I know how absolutely insane that sounds and I take no ego in it). I know I want the energy spread out cheaply, and likely subsidized by their governments with my company getting a small trickle cut that would compound into a ridiculous amount if it becomes accepted. Then I can work on vertical farming, and a new toilet system for those that need it. I have so much to do.
I am a man of simple means at the moment. I live on disability and eat off of $15 per week in the U.S. which is not a lot. I’m currently sustaining myself with .38 cent burritos which I know are not good for me, but at least I’ve stopped gaining weight from my meds. I keep watching that clip of Seth Rogan as Woz, who says “It’s not binary—you can be decent and gifted.” I hope to live up to that, as I’ve not had much chance in life to do good work with what functions I do have. But I’m going to try, and I’ll keep at it until there is some positive result and someone else’s life is better. I know mine is basically over at this point, cerebral palsy, schizoaffective disorder, adhd, high functioning autism—so I may as well try to better others because when I’ve done so before, once the illness that caused the psychotic break to come on wasn’t apparent, I did help some people and I honestly felt like true self. Not a miracle worker. Just -J.
Opening Image: The Kings Guardian group leads him away from the others who are distracted mourning the loss of He’h.
Theme Stated: Reconstruction: “Do we have a medical synthesizer back at camp?” Asks the King. “Of course responds,” the nearest trooper.
Set-up: They get back to camp and he asks for the man who answered him to come into his tent with the synthesizer. As he enters, a laser beam flashes out and he cuts him down at the ankle. He screams, clutching his stumped legs. “Crawl over here and bring those to me. I need them more than you do. I’ll build you a golden chariot for your sacrifice,” offers the King.
Catalyst: The trooper quickly weighs his options and does as he is told. Once done, the king says “Get out of my sight.” As he turns to leave the King shoots him through the heart. “Fool, as though anyone else deserves a great chariot than I,” says the King to himself. He begins working his new legs onto his body.
Debate: Outside the remaining troops see the two flashes and hear the body of their friend Jonas drop to the floor. They begin to talk of what to do with their predicament.
Break into Two: Half the group chooses to abandon the king while he is unwell. Those loyal to the King begin firing wildly into those that are fleeing taking down some but not all of them. The kings numbers dwindle.
B Story: Homnie plants (slams) his Cane into the center of the field and the flowers being to sway towards the center of where the cane is located, only to start wishing away as He’h is reformed as a new form calling himself “He’thol. “It must be some form of ‘Tol accepting my obstruction of him,”
Fun and Games: The king walks out of their tent and finds the group half missing and the bodies laying on the floor.
Midpoint: “Let’s go round us up some traitors,” They yell. And the group cheers.
Bad Guys Close in: The ones that were able to escape hide in a cave not far from the camp, but as far as they could get on foot. Only one or two were able to make it away in vehicles and they were blown up as they attempted to escape.
All is Lost: Laughing echoes into the cave. All too familiar.
Dark Night of the Soul: Those that hear the laughing begin to scream, as the armed troopers close in. Looks of terror blanket their eyes.
Break into Three: Rapid laser fire is seen lighting a dark cave. But not showing contact with the bodies.
Finale: The troopers that cleared the cave come out and let the Tunnel King that they were successful. “That was all of them,” says the trooper.
Final Image: “Good. Let’s get to the citadel. The council have much to answer for,” says the King, holding a radioactive canister.
So I learned years ago you can base almost anything on any object and get a sci-fi look.
So I chose the M.U.T. Multitool that I was given by a friend of my fathers after he died. It had been used to defuse I.E.D.s in Afghanistan so I though I would base the pilot’s ship around it. This is just a basic idea so revisions will come but I’ve been aching to try Clip Studio Paint all day.
Then I tried a pen out in the application and of course had to try animating it in flight. I’m still a beginner animator but figuring that out was a lot of fun.
I know it’s moving too quickly and jaggedly so four out of eight frames should have been for smoothing it’s motion or perhaps all eight in one loop but I got excited.
1. Opening Image: Split shot of 2nd in charge (Nettle?) closing in on the group. Shooting up at them. Travis moving out of the way just in time.
2. Theme Stated: Tactics: Losing the group for a split second by flying over a gorge.
3. Set-up: Nettle firing hooks on ropes (have an actual name-can’t quite remember what it is at the moment.) up at the plane but falling short. Her throwing one of her men down the gorge to go get them. He holds on for dear life as he’s pulled up by the others from the roped ends. The hooks digging into his arms. Nettles a bit of a sadist.
4. Catalyst: The Plane breaks down. Turns out the back engine that keeps them flying forward is shot out. “They must have got us.” Says Travis. He performs a crash landing.
5. Debate: Do we stay here and fortify our position or move on foot most likely to be caught? Asks the protagonist. She puts it up to a vote. They choose to stay and fight before being captured to see if they can take some of them.
6. Break into Two: Abigail and He’h fortify the ship by pulling metal sheets off the exterior and building blast shields out of them around the openings on the ship so that guns may be fired through though people don’t have to pop their bodies over the reinforcement. Travis, Homnie and the Protagonist search the plane for emergency flares and guns finding a hunting laser rifle which is given to Homnie. And a flare gun with an explosive load to the protagonist. “If we all fall and they close in don’t let them get you, got it,” offers Homnie. He’h scowls imperceptibly.
7. B-Story: Back at Sector 6 the Bandit King finds that poison sticks to whatever it has fallen to. His mercenaries pull their masks off and kick up dust hollering that they did it and are starting to pillage when the dust cloud covers a group of them and they’re left choking and gasping for air on the ground scratching at their throats. “Perhaps too effective,” he remarks. “Good enough for the citadel though,” he thinks to himself.
8. Fun and Games: Nettle and her cronies arrive and encircle the group and lay down heavy fire. Homnie is able to down three of them in quick succession. He’h is unable to act until shots fly over the protagonists head and then he too takes out two more with laser vision.
9. Midpoint: Nettle tosses a grenade into the center of the center of the planes opening from higher ground.
10. Bad Guys Close In: The group barely escape with their lives. The plane is utterly destroyed and they are covered in melted shrapnel and signed clothing.
11. All is Lost: “You’ve lost. Come with me now, or I’ll cut you down and take the pieces with me to prove that I got you.” Offers Nettle. Abigail sighs and moves towards her first.
12: Dark Night of the Soul: Nettle holds out a hand for her, and a blade flashes from her wrist and Abigails head is removed from her body. The protagonist yells out. “He’h looks at her sadly,” There is nothing I can do once the spine is severed without advanced medical equipment. I do not have the power within me.” Homnie and Travis and He’h surround the protagonist and inch forward towards Nettle and her remaining cronies.
13. Break into three (solution): As they get near enough to be nearly eye to eye the protagonist lifts the flare gun and fires it directly into Nettles chest, causing a massive explosion and instantly vaporizing her and most of her cronies. The remaining are more remains than anything.
14. Finale: They bury Abigail and leave a makeshift laser charred burial signal for her.
15. Final Image: They board Nettles transportation (Did I Figure that out yet. Will have to look into it. Definitely land based with huge harpoons on the front and rear of the vehicle. They move on towards the citadel.
So I’m not sure what to write about this piece other than it’s an attempt at drawing buildings. I didn’t even use 1st perspective properly, which I will do in the future. Then I can work on two and third perspective for fun.
I’m just realizing how much freaking work I’ve got to do this to do it even at all—if at all well. I should do some writing today, try to get issue three catted out. But I can tell that I’m not focused—or perhaps I’m tired. That two minute video is hours of work condensed into an iPad video. Used Procreate for it since my Art Studio Pro isn’t responding well to my first generation iPad Pro any longer. I’m thinking of switching over to the Wacom mobilestudio full time now that I’ve gotten that airbrush brush handy. Plus it lets me stream and do everything I want. I just can’t find a seat that lets me sit without hurting the twisted part of my spine (fell down the stairs carrying books moving mums house for her; long story). The extra 150 lbs from anti psychotics and agoraphobia aren’t helping either. I should just do house exercises like I’m in prison. That way at least I’d get some sweat on. I do miss hiking in the sunshine though. Back when I was lighter, getting back down to 220 lbs, I was rocking 5ks three times a week and 4 mile hikes other days of the weeks. God damn it hurt. But that feeling of knowing that I got that far. Maybe I just need to buy a used elliptical once I move home. That might solve my issues. Who knows.
On to the Comic I Suppose. Let’s see if we can Cat out Issue #3.
So now that I’ve split up the three protagonists I’ve either got to kill them off or reunite them in proper ways. The first good lead is that He’h is powering back up unnoticed by the bandits that accosted him. So he may be the first natural lead to get out of his predicament. I just don’t want him to be a catch all for all problems like a nanoscale formed bot would become in real life. He needs to have artificial limitations put in place so that he can have weaknesses that are closer to human like. I wonder what would power a true nanoscale humanoid android. Some sort of self made chemical reaction is my guess. Like small scale self contained frisson or solar/space radiation power since that’s abounds across the universe. One Sec I’ve got to check on the name of the issue.
Alright so the name of the issue is Colonization, meaning that it’ll be about the beginnings of the colony. Meaning I want them to end up in a vertical farm being found by an unknown entity who take care of the farms. Perhaps an inquisitive bot who asks if they were grown within the farm (good natured naivety being a control mechanic of a lower caste robot). Also do I want them to meet up in this issue or the next. He’h can’t hurt people but he can make them hurt themselves through their own actions. Perhaps not. Anyway let’s list out our Cattery shall we?
1. Opening image: Tied up to Tree. Tied up in the back of the car. Tied up in the back of another car.
2. Theme Stated: (let’s define colonization) Regrouping most likely as the bandits and fine folk alike attempt to assert their dominance over their specific areas.
3: Set-up: He’h Wakes. We see it from his point of view. Pixelated and perhaps in U.V.. Upon his waking he makes quick work of disabling the car he’s in. The bandits argue and fight until they get heated enough to pull metal on one another and they end up shooting each other in a standoff. “Draw iron or I’ll make it easy for you,” says one bandit. The second pulls it and turns in time to fire. We see the bullet go through the head of the one standing. The one kneeling at the wheel slumps against it heart shot and bleeds out. He’h is of an advanced self regulating program, knowing that a person can be defined as good or evil by their actions, and makes no attempt to save either of them.
4. Catalyst: He’h strips the car of all the parts that would be useful of him in a cloud of himself. Nothing is left. He does the same to the bodies. We watch them disintegrate from flesh to bone to brain to nothing.
5. Debate: He’h turns one way. Then another. He beings walking in a direction with destination unbeknownst to the reader. His silver body shining in the sun.
6. Break into Two: (Perhaps two have regained connection and the last is on his way to their meeting location. Most likely Homnie.) He’h finds the hideout where the protagonist is held. She’s found tied up on a very well used mattress but is unharmed, as the boss was “saving her for himself that night” as he put it.
7. B Story: Homnie’s story being accosted through Bandit/rat tunnel thugs. Finding that the cane that He’h made him becomes a weapon when swung against an enemy. “Most useful.”
7.(B) B Story: True B Story: We see and update at Mayor Stevens point of view. He asks his unblinking eye why she hasn’t been found yet. It blinks once slowly. “What do you mean you don’t know?” The eye “Shakes it’s head” Stevens waves it away. Find her. It disappears quickly.
8. Fun and Games: Homnie being Captured and tortured by the bandits before escaping. (Fun and games can be negative).
9. Midpoint: We see Homnie bloodied walking through the desert once again, and a split shot of the other two racing towards him as He’h tells the protagonist that the cane is a part of himself and can find it, at least until his current body is destroyed in some way.
10. Bad Guys Close in: Bandits that saw the protagonist escape with He’h follow them and find them. They have rocket launchers/laser rifles (whichever is more effective at the nanoscale. Likely lasers). They aim at He’h’s head and upper torso and fire. It’s obliterated right next to the protagonist, throwing her into the sand, as bits of molten glass rain down upon her. He’h slumps to the ground.
11. All is Lost: The Boss bandit says he isn’t finished with her yet and was truly offended by her impoliteness. Drawn: he is a hulking fat, disgusting male. Missing finger tips from rot, and teeth from lack of hygiene.
12. Dark Night of the Soul: She’s picked up and thrown over his shoulder while she yells at him to stop. He smacks her hard across the back of the head with the butt of his gun and she slumps down. They crest a hill and are gone.
13. Break into Three: Additional Character. Homnie finds a pilot and gets him to fly out into the desert looking for the others. As they get airborne he notices that the cane warms and vibrates when heading in a certain direction. “Head that way” he says. Got to have the pilot say we’re 5 by 5 before taking off.
14. Finale: They eventually find the shinning mass that is He’h rebuilding himself from the sand and rocks around him in a little crater. The cane vibrates strongly. They land and collect him, allowing him time to rebuild completely before touching down and losing any part of the ship.
15. Final Image: Two panels: Boss Bandit standing in the doorway of the room smiling looking down. Teeth and eyes main focal point. Second panel is the ship flying over the desert with He’h hanging out the side of the open hanger (Still strapped in) pointing at the nearest Bandit building (a discarded series of containers combined with ‘refuse’).
For next episode catching the boss: He’h asks protagonist if she wants it to hurt (Boss’s death) and she nods, furious tears in her eyes. He’h closes the door and Boss starts to scream. Until he doesn’t. Homnie asks how He’h did it out of earshot of the protagonist. He’h answers: One atom at a time, from the bottum up. “Why so harsh?” asks Homnie. He’h responds “He hurt her. The one I’m meant to protect. Retribution was in order. Not to mention the millions of deaths he and his friends caused within my systems. Each life snuffed out in an instant all screaming in articulated pain. A moment for some. An eternity for them.” Homnie is quiet for a moment, and pats the bot on the shoulder, and then goes to the protagonists side.